Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Introductions

Introductions


So this is what a new blog looks like.  It sure has a lot of room and it's quite comfy.  I think I can get used to this.  Especially with the mint scented air fresheners blogspot gives new blogs.

Hello!  My name is Billy (but I always spell it as Billeh.  It's an inside joke.) and welcome to my blog.  As the name suggests, this blog will be based around the card game Future Card Buddyfight and its world Katana World.  I do enjoy animes, cartoons, video games and computers.  My next favorite card game is Dominion but that's a living card game and not a trading card game.  I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh when I was much younger but I have no idea about anything in that game anymore.

"But Billeh", you may ask, "why Katana World?".  That's a good question random stranger I made up in my head and there's several reasons.  First (and probably most important) it's my most favorite world.  No point in making a blog about a world if it isn't your favorite right?

Second, it's the least popular world (from what I've seen and heard).  So I figured the people who want to get into playing this world don't have a lot of options for researching different play styles and cards in Katana World.  Also, I like to help people and theory crafting is with people about Katana World is fun.  It's not a world where everything is pretty obvious.  Somethings have to be thought through and even then, I only noticed how good some cards are once I play tested them.

Third, I will use this blog for my own "database" of thoughts on cards.  I think about cards from the different archetypes of Katana World all the time and putting my thoughts all in one place for me (and others) to digest and think about would be awesome.

My goal is to eventually get everything organized in this blog to the point where I have a list of all the Katana World cards that are out and give thoughts/opinions/rulings on the cards.  I'll start with general posts about the world and it's different archetypes.  Then go deeper into talking about specific cards of each archetype.

Keep in mind, this will not happen over night.  The cards I'll start with are the more core and obviously "good" cards of the archetypes but I'll branch out to the less popular cards.  I am one man so these things do take time.  I also do the editing for my own post so you might find typos.  I'll try to fix them as soon as possible.  I do have a 40 hour a week job so I do have some obligations and I don't have all the free time in the world.

So now we have that behind us, I want to post mention a few things about the blog.

First, what I post is my personal thoughts/opinions.  They may not be perfect but that's why I get the thoughts out there for people to think about it and I always enjoy critiques and edit posts.  No point in learning if you can't change your viewpoint.  I feel like I'm a pretty open individual to thinking about this game and I'll never bash any thoughts/ideas.

Second,  you have to start somewhere when theorycrafting and I do take come basic core concepts of the game from another personal favorite blog of mine, Buddyfight Theory by Bliase.  You can look at their blog over here!  Of course keep in mind, Blaise isn't writing on the blog anymore (come back baby <3) and this game does keep evolving so some information may be outdated.  I will try to give credit where credit is due by posting where on his blog I found information.

Third, I always try to make sure what I post are legitimate to the rules of the game but I am not perfect (shocking I know) and some rulings and errata my skip my mind.  So I'm always open to people telling me if I messed up on a ruling somewhere.

Fourth, I am still trying to find the right design and figure out how all the controls in blogspot work so the design may radically change quickly and without notice.  I will always try to make the website simple and intuitive.  Afterall, no point in having a tool that isn't easy to use and understandable!

I will be working on the next post being a general overview of Katana World so we're all on the same page.  I'm not sure how long it will take but it will come out when it comes out.  I hope to shoot for a 1 to 2 week time frame.  Have a great day Buddyfighters! ^_^

NUMBAH ONE!  NUMBAH ONE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment