Saturday, February 11, 2017

Current Skull Warrior Deck Profile (2/11/2017)

This post is sort of a continuation of my last post where I was comparing Ninja Blade, Chirizakura with Fiendish Blade, Urahonekui. If you didn't see that post, click here to read more!

I'm not a huge fan of deck profiles because they don't teach people how to make decks and experiment for themselves but I figured this was over due and I promised it in my last post.

So let's get into the list:

Sorry for the light to the right :(
Buddy: Undying, Benishojo

Size 1:
4x Undying, Benishojo
4x Evil in Heart, Yamigitsune
3x Demon Kid, Hiunmaru
3x Godly-Speed, Natsubame
3x Treachery, Jakikarasu
3x Yamigitsune, "White Fire Shigaisoshi!"

Size 2: None

Size 3: None

Items:
4x Ninja Blade, Chirizakura

Spells:
4x Return to the Underworld
3x Odd Ritual, Skull Festival
4x Clear Serenity
3x Demon Way, Jugonrensa
4x Demon Way, Oborogenbu
4x Demon Way, Kasumienran
4x Demon Way, Arakuyou

Well first thing's first, the deck only has 20 monsters.  I have a hard time finding more Skull Warriors to put in and the ones I have in are the better available Skull Warriors. I don't run Snake Princess, Setsuna because half of my Skull Warriors have call cost and that just isn't efficient. If she didn't require call cost to be paid, I would more than likely play her. I guess you could try to make her more worthwhile by replacing Treachery, Jakikarasu with Diversion Troublemaker, Bakemujina but I don't like having 4000 power between two monsters on the field. Plus, she's not a permanent solution to resurrecting your monsters every turn.
Good buddy material here

The overall plan is to equip Ninja Blade, Chirizakura, call Treachery, Jakikarsu off to the left side, a self-destructing monster to the center and either another self-destructing monster or a Yamigitsune card to the right. The order of attacks can vary depending on your opponent's field but after your center monster attacks, sacrifice him to attack with Ninja Blade Chirizakura. Then, during final phase, kill the non-Jakikarasu monster on the side and call the impact Yamigitsune.  If you only have self-destructing monsters on the field when you call impact Yamigitsune during the final phase, you can call him to the center if you need some more defense. Then, you can call them all back with the Demon Way set spells.

I'm going to replace Evil in Heart, Yamigitsune with the discard Yamigitsune when he comes out. Yamigtisune or Benishojo could be the buddy in this deck.  I like Benishojo more since he's easier to call back and I'm replacing Yamigitsune later. Plus, Benishojo as buddy acts as a reverse Demon Kid, Hiunmaru the first time you call him from drop.

I originally had Revelation Tactician, Keiganryu in the deck but when I had him, the deck was a little too gauge heavy. At one point, I did have Retainer of the Demonic Dragon, Resurrected Dragon Bones in the deck with Keiganryu but without Keiganryu, his size 1 counterpart is pointless. Also, Keiganryu can't be resurrected with the set spells so any other way to call him back is super gauge expensive.

You might be concerned about the consistency of drawing Ninja Blade, Chirizakura but you can get the weapon pretty consistently with all the draw monsters and spells in the deck. Same thing with the set spells. Cat Shadow, Aoihime isn't really needed and the fact that she's size 2 messes with the formation you're going for.

Other monster cards I considered for the deck:
Blood Knife, Kimensai
Diversion Troublemaker, Bakemujina
Kalavinka, Uguisukomachi
Lightning Speed, Tsukiusagi
Strength Summoner, Kotenso

Other spell cards I considered for the deck:
Art of Body Replacement
Demon Way, Geppakugiri
Double Loss
Hundred Demons' Tome of Judgement
Ninja Arts, Snake Gaze

I don't plan on doing deck profiles often but I figured it was justified trying to show people how to work with Ninja Blade, Chirizakura. I'm interested in the Assassination Demons that are being shown but I hope Bushiroad keeps supporting Skull Warriors even with this new archetype and don't think they can just replace them. I'll make a post once we know more about them other than the fact that they have a new red text ability called Raid.

No comments:

Post a Comment