Friday, April 26, 2024

Final Goodbye

"The power to laugh one more time"

Well, here we are. The last post for the site. To not leave anyone wondering, I have decided to not do anymore "Common Rulings and Misconceptions" or potential YouTube shorts. Main reason is my interest in the game is fading and so I'm going to move on. Plus, more and more people are going to eventually move on from Buddyfight so the investment in the content for a smaller and smaller audience just isn't worth it to me. I'll always enjoy playing and talking about the game but I'm moving on. I'd like to move onto other things other than writing blog posts while still playing card games as a hobby.

It was a great 6 years of Buddyfight and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Everyone I have met (and continue to meet at regional events) are great people. The couple times I have gotten into top 8 with my Gojinmaru ninja deck and Lost Electrodeity decks were awesome and fun. 

Even though Buddyfight is dead, I don't see myself leaving the Bushiroad card game scene. I have started to find an interest in Shadowverse: Evolve so I still see myself going to regionals in Toronto, Canada and White Plains, NY so if you see me, feel free to say hi! (if you even know what I look like). I still don't mind talking about Katana World if you have questions or just want to chit chat. Also, unless someone asks me to bring my Katana World cards, I won't be bringing them to any regional.

I will still be a moderator for the Futurecard Buddyfight North American group for the foreseeable future. The games dead but I'll always be around to make sure the sales posts have paper time stamps.

So, what's next? Well first, I'm still learning Japanese and that's been fun. I feel like I'm getting to the point where I feel like I'm semi-fluent so that's nice but there's still a lot of work to do. 

I've also started to get into Shadowverse Evolve (SVE). Within SVE, I have taken interest in the general art and playstyle of Abysscraft. I will probably continue down that rabbit hole unless something drastic happens. I don't plan on starting a new blog for the game though. As much as I have enjoyed writing blog posts (and still did enjoy until the end) for this website, it is very time consuming since I am OCD about everything looking just right on the site and I'm the holy trinity for the site: writer, editor and publisher.

This blog site was ultimate just a passion project of mine that was spurred on/inspired by Blaze's "Buddyfight Theory" blog site. I had many thoughts in my head while building decks but writing them down seemed to help me through my thought processes, so I hope this site was just as helpful for you as it was for me. I've literally never made a penny on this site. I hate ads so I never set that up nor will I ever set that up.

Also, just wanted to say thanks again to Harry on making my blog's background. I still love it to this day. I haven't heard from you in a long time. Hope you're doing well.

This site will stay up for the rest of forever as far as I can tell. It'll be a nice, complete site cataloguing all the ramblings and thoughts of a man with too much money and time to invest in a children's card game... and no, I swear I don't have a problem. Anyways, it was fun while it lasted!

Maybe the real tournament prize is the
friends we make along the way.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you everyone for your thoughts, input and ideas throughout the years. Thank you to anyone who has even read even a little bit of my posts. 本当に有難うございます.

~Billeh

No comments:

Post a Comment